Aug 12, 2020
Full video is available here: https://youtu.be/v9JNb3RavLM
(https://www.strava.com/athletes/26803675) has 25+ years of running
experience. He has learned many things over the years about ways to
become a stronger, healthier and happier athlete.
Recently he celebrated his 52nd birthday by running 52km in the
Grand Canyon, pure joy. In this conversation we discuss many of his
learnings and experiences with running over the years:
- His early years and progression through races; learning about
pacing, hydration and nutrition.
- Dealing with extreme heat in Arizona; running up and down
hills, slowing down.
- MAF training and improved performance.
- Working at 80% low intensity, versus obsessing over pace and
time, all of the time.
- Transitioning from road to trail, time to perfect your combat
- Approaching training from a health perspective; for running,
eating as much real food as possible
- Maintaining a good strength training program.
- Setting goals or challenges in a pandemic and having fun with
All show notes: https://extramilest.com/36
I'm hiring a video / podcast editor for the Extramilest Show.
Learn more and apply at https://extramilest.com/editor
FIND ALBERT SHANK HERE:
FIND ME, FLORIS GIERMAN HERE: